Travelling abroad is a very exciting thing to do, especially if it's with your family or your friends. However, small tips and precautions before travelling could help in keeping your property safe from burglars while you are away.
- If you have a vehicle and you don't have a garage, take it to relatives or friend's house and ask them to keep it until you come back.
- You might like to ask a friend to take care of your pets and your garden because these things need daily care, especially during summer when the days become hot and long.
- Don't ever take your house keys with you when you are travelling, they may get lost in between your suitcase and your hotel room. Think about whether you would like to keep them in a safe place, such as with an honest neighbour, or whether you would prefer to keep a copy under the doormat.
- Try to turn off all electrical appliances in your house before travelling and make sure that you've informed the electric and phone company about your trip.
- You should always think about taking out your valuables and money and keep them in the bank or with someone you trust.
- If you're still worried about being burgled, be aware that installing a security system may help a lot.
Upper Intermediate A