Sunday, April 03, 2005

Things I don't like

I don't like cigarette smoking. Actually it makes me annoyed, especially when somebody starts smoking in a closed place. Indeed smoking kills 2.5 million people every year, many of them die from lung cancer. Some of them are not even smokers themselves.

I don't like fatty food. It makes me feel heavy along with bad burps. Actually I'm afraid from being overweight.

I don't like humid, stifling weather where I can hardly breathe. My first experience with real summer weather was when I came to Tripoli. It was boiling, with temperatures around 42 or 43 degrees. I wished it would rain to cool us down. Actually, Tripoli has hot weather in comparison with my home town, Derna.

I don't like bribes. Actually, I hate rotten bribers who think only of their own gains.

I don't like poverty. Unfortunately it can breed crime in addition to lack opportunities for education.

Majdi Elakari
FCE preparation

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also don't like the same things as you, but even though I am afraid of getting fat, I seem to put on weight on a regular basis.