Saturday, March 26, 2005

Niragongo Volcano


Niragongo Volcano

The grossest thing that I have ever seen was a volcano in central Africa, which is in Zaire near the border with Rwanda. It is located about ten kilometers almost to Lake Kivu. It is called by the odd Africans name – Niragongo. The volcano is still active, since an unforgettable time. Periodically, it explodes gases and erupts with volcanic ash. The volcano is approximately 4000 meters in height and covers about 30,000 square metres of land.

The life is flourishing there because of the tropical climate in this country which is near the equator. There are many kinds of birds and different animals. Nevertheless, there are no signs of plants or life as far as from 6 to 10 kilometres around the volcano.

The volcano alone seemed to me like a huge lump over the amazed earth with rich revelations of life. The streams of burning hot lava from the broken-out crater were destroying and killing on their way down to the lake where the lava and water met in an incredible splash of the elements.

I was under the great impression from the sight of all that I have ever seen in my life. The walk was performed up to the summit of the volcano. This task took about ten hours. I will never forget how I watched into the depth of the crater where there was burning and boiling lava.

Constantine
IELTS preparation

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An amazing exerience! I wish I had the guts to have such an adventure.

Anonymous said...

wow very good.

thanks 4 telling......

Anonymous said...

thanks 4 telling