Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A birthday meal adventure

My mom made the best meal on  my birthday. We were at home - my brother, my sister and I. I can't remember exactly when but I think it happened on a Saturday. I wore ordinary clothes, and the party started at about 7 o'clock and ended at about 8:30 pm. I remember we ate a very delicious trifle and swiss-roll and a lot of chocolate. 


My mother burned herself in the kitchen and most of the trifle and candies were eaten by my brother. I didn't cry - just letting you know because nothing is perfect in this life. I forgot, that night I didn't sleep, not because I was sad that my brother ate everything or we didn't have a candle and no one remembered to buy it, I didn't sleep because I had a toothache. I suffered until the morning you know what's really interesting is when I went to the doctor and he said don't eat chocolate. When he finished he gave me a smile and said God help us all and this is my advice - try to be happy.

Radwan Zait
Pre-Intermediate A

No comments: