Friday, November 10, 2006

What's a cinquain?

A cinquain is a five line poem that is written in a specific way:

Line 1 - Title (one word) - either a subject or a noun
Line 2 - Description (two words) adjectives that describe Line 1
Line 3 - Action (three words) action verbs that relate to Line 1
Line 4 - Feeling - (four to six words) feelings or a sentence that relates to Line 1
Line 5 - Synonym - (one word) either a synonym or a word that sums it up

Here are some cinquain poems that were written by some of our Making Progress to FCE students:

Girlfriend
Smart, funny
Loving, laughing, and joking
I just like her when she smiles.
Beauty

My Family
So big, so close
Visiting, loving, giving
A lot of people but one heart.
Surname

Taha Alnatoh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

City
Busy, crowded
Living, working, enjoying
Living in the city is very interesting.
Big

Sea
Wide and deep
Swimming, sailing, looking
Walking on the beach is sweet.
Blue

So Un Ha

~~~~~~~~~~~

Brother
Speaking gently
Loving, sociable, friendly
I feel strange when I find him sitting alone.
Safe

Hafez Melad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sun
Warm, kind
Covering, brightening, loving
Sun is always warm and lovely.
Bright

Kim Su Ryon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Country
Sunny, green
Giving, feeding, warm
I'm praying to Allah to keep it safe.
Costly

Book
Useful, friend
Teaching, helpful, amusing
Read all the book you can.
Chronicle

Girlfriend
Pretty, attractive
Loving, caring, fun
You can't feel happy without her.
Life

Elmehdi Mohamed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These poems are wonderful! I'm really proud of the fact that you are writing something that really makes you think and create! Here's a poem for my students from me:

Students
Intelligent,dedicated
Seeking, learning, excelling
I teach them and learn from them too!
Devoted