Monday, May 22, 2006

A memorable event

Dear Ali,

I hope you are OK and everything is going well. Let me tell you about one of the worst experiences that I have ever had. You know that I had to go to Tunisia for urgent business last week. I set off in a bit of a hurry, although it was raining heavily and I was extremely tired. It was about 1 a.m. when there was about 110 km to reach the capital but I felt so sleepy. I should have stopped to have a rest but I carried on. While I was driving at around the hundred 130 kph I fell asleep. I didn't wake up until the car started skidding. I tried to control it but that didn't help.

The car, and of course I was in it, fell in a large hole. I took a few minutes to recall what had happened and now I knew that the car had turned over, but I was OK. I started moving trying to get out of the car but I found lots of difficulties and wasn't able to open any door or window.

It was too dark to see, so I thought that I had gone blind, I screamed and shouted for help but nobody seemed to hear anything. Suddenly and strangely the car started moving even though it had turned over. Next I heard a strong currents of water hitting it. I was completely shocked when I felt some water leaking inside of it. I hadn't recognized that I'd been in a valley. The current got stronger and stronger the car didn't seem to stop.

After about 10 minutes the car hit it big rock which broke the wind screen. Now I was released, not in air, but in water. I left the car and tried swim carefully. The current was so strong though I managed to get to the surface. I had to swim about 30 meters to get to the bank.

Eventually and proudly I succeeded in saving my life though I had had to kiss my car goodbye.

Alamin Gashash
FCE Preparation

No comments: