Thursday, March 30, 2006

Fifty years from now

Life will be completely different fifty years from now when I am in my seventies. Almost everything will have changed by that time.

First of all, my appearance as well as my character will have definitely changed by the time I am in my seventh decade of life. I suppose that I'll be a bit short, moving with the help of a walking stick. Short gray hair will cover my head with a small area of baldness at the top of it. My face will be full of wrinkles but my eyes will be the same as now, sparkling with life. I think I will have a stronger personality with great experience in life. However, I'll be easily excited and nervous, and this will put me in a lot of trouble.

Secondly, I can't imagine how my social life will be like! Will I be married to an old annoying woman with my grandsons and granddaughters filling the house, shouting, playing and destroying my quietude? Or will I be married to a beautiful old lady enjoying the rest of our lives together? Or maybe I'll be single or a widower and my heart burning with sorrow?

At last, I think that science will have reached the stage that cannot be imagined. Streets will be full of skyscrapers and apartments will be all computerized. Transport will be very easy using flying vehicles. A lot of diseases will have been eliminated, furthermore cures for cancer and AIDS will have been found. The cloning of humans may become real. Humans may colonize space and other planets.

To sum up, life will be much more easy than now. However, no one can expect what will happen 50 years from now. In addition, no one can know whether he will live to witness that or he will be just a part of his offspring's memories.

Ehab Al-Shelly
IELTS preparation

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll need the walking stick way before I'm 70!