Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Myself

I'm Josephine, an Indian residing in Libya. I'm a nurse and came to Libya in 1985 to work in Central Hospital, Sebha.

I became a nurse, because since the age of 10, I've always had an ambition in my life to help the sick and old people. So, I decided to do nursing and finished my training in 1982 in an Irish institution at Bangalore, India. I got the opportunity to work abroad. I came to Libya since my sister was already working here and heard a lot about Libya.

When I landed in Sebha, Libya, and realized I was in the Sahara Desert, all my dreams shattered. Even though I'm a sociable and culturally active person, I adjusted gradually to the kind of atmosphere. I enjoyed working in the hospital and especially taking care of the old people. The turning point in my life was when I married a person working in Libya.

Now I'm living in Tripoli with my husband and two lovely daughters. We go to India for holiday every year. I've keen interest in cooking, listening to music, watching television, and searching the Internet.

My future plan is to go to the UK to work and to gain more professional competence and also for my children's further education.

Josephine John
IELTS preparation

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adjusting to a new culture takes time - it took me about two years to settle in.