Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Father

The person I would like to speak about has given a lot and is still giving today. This person has had a huge influence on my way of thinking in life. The person I am writing about is my father.

Mohamed is his name, a real confident, religious, open-minded man and a great father also. He loves his work so much; he's a geologist working in a well-known oil company. He spends most of his time travelling and working abroad.

I don't see him a lot, but his words and lectures never leave my heart. He taught me the secrets of success in life:

"Respecting Islam as your religion is the first and most important source of your power. If you respect your religion every person on this planet will respect you." he says.

"Be honest in everything you do and always think before taking actions."

"When you give a word to someone be a man of your word, and never start something without finishing it."

"When you fall in love respect the woman that you love and treat her well because respect is the strong base in any relationship."

My father is a successful man in my opinion, but he didn't succeed easily in life. His father died when he was ten years old, so you can imagine how tough life was for him. He spent years working and studying to get me and my family the simple things that he couldn't have when he was at my age.

I used to travel with him and study abroad but in the last few years studying and working as an intern doctor has prevented me from travelling anymore. Anyway anytime travelling with him was a lesson of life.

He is a man of principles, I really respect him and love him as a father. I've learned a lot from him and I'm still learning till today.

Ahmed Riyani
FCE Preparation

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI do you know that your father raised you in a perfect way I say this because you were one of my best students good luck